Mom needed a new potato salad recipe
My mom was tired of all the work of making potato salad but we all loved eating it! I am probably biased. but my mom is a culinary genius at times! She came up with this simple way to make her delicious potato salad without having to mash the boiled potatoes and it tastes just as good, if not better.
The secret is using instant potatoes for the “mashed” boiled potatoes! You might think it’s crazy, but try it just once and you will be hooked!
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 ½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- 12 servings instant mashed potatoes
- 10-12 medium russet potatoes- peeled, cut into bite sized chunks and boiled
- ½ medium onion, diced (optional)
- Mix all but boiled potatoes in a large bowl
- Adjust ingredients to taste in necessary
- Add boiled potatoes and mix thoroughly
- Chill and serve